From country getaways to cosy inner city venues, the rain, mist and atmospheric lighting of a winter wedding make for an intimate and memorable affair. We are so used to dressing for sun drenched weather and outdoor soirees, the idea of dressing for a wedding in winter can seem like a challenge, but that need not be the case! Use these tips as a way to keep your outfit decisions easy, affordable and re-wearable
Add a wrap – A glamorous take on staying warm à la Kate Moss. A wrap is a great cover up for those wanting easily transition to the dance floor with grace!
1. Wrap: Witchery
2. Dress: Rat and Boa from Lending Labels
3. Bag: Olga Berg
Choose Velvet – We can often shy away from wearing velvet, but when the right piece is selected, and it is styled correctly it can make for an elegant, warm and sophisticated outfit. Our tip, velvet is statement enough, keep the accessories to a minimum!
1. Earings: Christie Nicolaides from Lending Labels
2. Dress: Elle Zeitoune from Lending Labels
3. Shoes: Wittner from the Iconic
Ankle Boots – For an edgy and understated look pair a simple cocktail dress with a statement ankle boot.
1. Dress: By Johnny from Lending Labels
2. Cuff: Lucy Folk
3. Shoes: Loeffler Randall from Net a Porter
Keep it floral, make it long sleeves – Nothing gets you in the mood for a wedding than a fun and flirty floral dress. Choose a style with long sleeves and they can be the perfect solution for a winter wedding.
1. Dress: Lover from Lending Labels
2. Lipstick: Tom Ford from Sephora
3. Bag: Forever New